Thursday, July 17, 2008

The new babysitter

I hired a babysitter. She seems to be a perfect fit. Her hobbies include running half marathons and she rides a scooter. She is perfectly at home being a pirate for 3 hours straight. And when she leaves, Ryan says, "You'll come back and play with me again, right?"

The babysitter comes twice a week for a couple of hours each time, but it feels like a week's break each time. I am completely not used to being out and about without children. It is so strange. At lunch with David this week, I was in a bit of culture shock, seeing tables full of professional women. Then on another day, I went to the library and ran into some moms. Usually, I'd be in line with them, praying that Ryan stays still and quiet while I check out the books. And here I was, or so it seemed, foot loose. I almost felt like apologizing.

When I got back home, the kids were exhausted from having a great time with Cacie, the new sitter. I put them down for their naps and had another two hours. Wow.

No comments: