Thursday, February 19, 2009

Anniversary with the Big Manky Mouse


Today is my ninth wedding anniversary and I am spending it at Chuck E. Cheese's. If you'd have told me nine years ago at this moment that I'd be getting two kids dressed to go to Chuck E Cheese's I'd have been pretty depressed. But it's not like that. David is in Washington D.C. on business this week and that's why I'm heading to hang with loud kids and a big, frightening lip syncing mouse. And I feel totally proud of myself because a week alone with the kids didn't terrify me. And I didn't have to fly to another state just so that I wouldn't be here alone with the kids. And we're getting along pretty well and learning a lot about each other in this time of just us. So, no, it's not the perfect way to spend your anniversary. But it's the way life looks like now. And I appreciate David in my life this week so much because I know what it would be like without him. Plus he sent me the most beautiful bouquet of orange roses with sculptural sticks, and only he would know how much I like sculptural sticks. Cheers, David, onward to double digits, lots and lots of them.

1 comment:

Jen said...

You are one brave mama. A week alone with MY kids would leave me completely terrified.

Happy Anniversary! Here's to many more.